In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Swish Analytics is a sports analytics, betting and fantasy startup building the next generation of predictive sports analytics data products. We believe that oddsmaking is a challenge rooted in engineering, mathematics, and sports betting expertise; not intuition. We're looking for team-oriented individuals with an authentic passion for accurate and predictive real-time data who can execute in a fast-paced, creative, and continually-evolving environment without sacrificing technical excellence. Our challenges are unique, so we hope you are comfortable in uncharted territory and passionate about building systems to support products across a variety of industries and enterprise clients.
About the team
The Swish Analytics DevSecOps and Infrastructure team is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer based in Europe who will support our enterprise infrastructure during non-US hours. In addition to supporting you will assist in optimizing incident response, observability, and working with technical teams to improve overall workload resiliency.
- Support production systems and help triage issues during live sporting events
- Monitor the system and respond to incidents to maintain system SLO/SLA, review and follow up production incidents
- Write and review code, develop documentation, and debug problems, live, on complex distributed systems
- Optimize and facilitate incident response, conduct root cause analysis and blameless retrospectives
- Work closely with technical teams to implement, optimize, maintain, scale and debug workloads on Kubernetes using CI/CD, automation tools and scripting languages to deliver tools/software to improve the reliability and scalability of services
- 3+ years of experience working in an SRE leaning DevOps or full SRE roles
- 3+ years building CICD pipelines with Github Actions, Gitlab CICD, or similar
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes
- Experience in managing customer-facing systems in a 24/7 environment including escalations
- Experience triaging and escalation policies/protocols
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Comfortable with scripting languages like Bash, Python, or similar
- Networking and routing experience
- Terraform in AWS to support global-scale services
- Improving observability in an engineering organization
- Past experience with PagerDuty or similar tools
Swish Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates who meet the qualifications will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic, military, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The position responsibilities are not limited to the responsibilities outlined above and are subject to change. At the employer’s discretion, this position may require successful completion of background and reference checks.