The Head of Business Development will manage a portfolio of existing partnerships as well as help identify and pursue new opportunities for Overtime around media rights, content distribution, and licensing of Overtime’s Sports Leagues and IP (Overtime Elite, OT7, OTX, Overtime Select).
This role requires a strong communicator who can combine an expert level understanding of the media marketplace with a digitally-native approach to ideation and strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a meaningful role in all aspects of Overtime media partnerships, from working with existing partners (including Topps/Fanatics, NFL, etc.) to proactively identifying potential new business partners
- Cultivate strong relationships in the media, lifestyle and technology marketplace(s) to enable future commercial opportunities
- Work with internal leaders (IE Chief Content Officer, Chief Strategy Officer) to develop media rights strategy
- Conduct financial analyses and proposals for new business opportunities
- Build strong working relationships with internal cross-functional groups (BrandFam, Legal, Content, Finance, League Sales, etc.)
- Communicate market and deal updates across Overtime’s leadership teams
- Create and participate in strategic presentations to senior executives inside and outside the organization
- Communicate effectively within group and cross-organizationally on project prioritization, timelines, and deliverables
- Effectively lead the team as a manager, creating opportunity for team-members to thrive
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a related role at a digital media company, sports or entertainment brand, or demonstrated success cultivating strategic relationships
- Deep interest and expertise in the digital media industry, especially streaming video and social media platforms
- Understanding of the intersection of sports, culture, music, and lifestyle brands; and the ability to pursue and develop strategic relationships in the space
- Active consumer of digital media content and active fan of spectator sports with an ability to relate to the experience of sports fans and visitors to Overtime’s content and events
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of media trends (traditional and digital), evolution of platforms/consumption, and business dynamics/models of media properties
- Proven track record negotiating commercial agreements preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing long-term business plans and strategies
- Capable and persuasive communicator / negotiator who can make arguments clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to build and foster broad network of relationships
- Proven manager with demonstrated experience leading teams, developing professionals, setting individual and group priorities and fostering a high performing, professionally gratifying culture
Overtime expects the base salary for this role to start at $150,000 annually, but the final salary offer will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate. In addition to base salary, Overtime offers benefits, paid time off, and equity in the company.