USL Work Experience Program 2018
Job Title: PDL Operations Internship
Position Type: Internship (For Credit Hours)
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The USL is the largest and fastest growing professional soccer league in the world. Partnered with the MLS, USL teams are owned by some of the top owners from the NBA, MLS, MLB, MLL, MiLB, NHL, NBA D-League. The League’s 15,000 square foot office is located in Tampa, FL and has a staff of over 60 sports business professionals across 17 departments.
Under the direction and guidance of USL Executives, the USL Work Experience Program (UWEP) provides students with the unique opportunity to gain practical sport management experience in a professional sports league setting. By working on various strategic projects and initiatives, USL Work Experience Program Participants will gain hands on experience with league staff as well as its member teams. Participants are responsible for working with all league departments across the entire organization, including finance, sponsorships, broadcasting, business development, digital, marketing, team services, analytics, and legal, with the ultimate goal of providing well-rounded practical work experience in sports.
Primary Duties (as outlined below, but not limited to)
- Input stats for each game
- Assist in league management and competition issues (i.e. player discipline)
- Assist with ensuring all teams comply with relevant league minimum standards
- Assist in organize match reports and related documentation for all league games
- Assist with player registration for PDL
- Additional tasks assigned as needed
Education, Work Experience, Special Skills/Knowledge Required
- Current college student, working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field and eligible to receive credit for this position.
-Experience in MS Word and Excel
-Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
-Attention to detail is essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.