USL Work Experience Program 2018
Job Title: Digital Asset/Video Production Internship
Position Type: Internship (For Credit Hours)
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL
The USL is the largest and fastest growing professional soccer league in the world. Partnered with the MLS, USL teams are owned by some of the top owners from the NBA, MLS, MLB, MLL, MiLB, NHL, NBA D-League. The League’s 15,000 square foot office is located in Tampa, FL and has a staff of over 60 sports business professionals across 17 departments.
Under the direction and guidance of USL Executives, the USL Work Experience Program (UWEP) provides students with the unique opportunity to gain practical sport management experience in a professional sports league setting. By working on various strategic projects and initiatives, USL Work Experience Program Participants will gain hands on experience with league staff as well as its member teams. Participants are responsible for working with all league departments across the entire organization, including finance, sponsorships, broadcasting, business development, digital, marketing, team services, analytics, and legal, with the ultimate goal of providing well-rounded practical work experience in sports.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Video, the Digital Asset Intern supports the Digital and Content department by organizing, storing and retrieving media and assisting with gathering and production of video content. This role is integral to the production of both graphic and video production across all USL channels.
- Maintains the PhotoShelter the system by tagging and documenting photography submitted by teams.
- Downloads, adds tagged markers, and prepares timelines for video editing.
- Facilitates retrieval of previously cataloged images/video.
- Quality control of all incoming and outgoing digital assets (mostly photography).
- Basic digital video editing of projects as assigned using Adobe CC.
- May be asked to shoot or assist in the shooting of video content.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a higher-level education institution
- Current college student, working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field and eligible to receive credit for this position.
- Needs to have strong communication, organizational and solid project management skills.
- Digital video editing experience, preferably with Adobe Premiere.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Experience shooting video a plus.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Must have a team-first mentality.
- Should be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Solid computer skills.
- Knowledge of soccer is crucial.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.