Lexington Sporting Club is a U.S. Soccer professional soccer club, competing in USL League One (U.S. Soccer Third Division Men’s Professional Soccer League). Launching its inaugural professional season in 2023, the professional team is the pinnacle of the soccer eco-system in Central Kentucky. In addition to the professional team, the club is comprised of more than 100 youth teams featuring more than 1,400 players within its youth and academy systems, a pre-professional women’s team beginning in 2023 in the USL W League, two indoor soccer facilities, a brand new $20 million seven-field soccer complex set to open in late spring 2023, with a soccer-specific stadium and performance facility in design.
Lexington Sporting Club is seeking a dynamic Marketing and Fan Engagement team leader focused on establishing the club as a premier regional, national and international sports brand through the creation and execution of integrated marketing initiatives designed to engage current and prospective fans, club members, players, and coaches across multiple channels while achieving market penetration, partnership initiatives, revenue generation, and attendance goals.
The Vice President of Marketing & Fan Engagement leads the club’s brand strategy across digital and traditional channels, marketing campaigns, fan engagement operations and match production.
Ideal Candidate: Fan journey designer, movement builder, gatherer of people, brand strategist, revenue centered, digital first marketer, excels in fast-paced environments, driver of change, leader and talent developer, collaborative listener, and results driven.
The perks of joining the club as a full-time team member may include:
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as employee assistance
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution rate
- Life insurance and long-term disability
- Educational assistance program
- Discounts on club merchandise
- Develop and execute strategic marketing, communications, and brand initiatives to promote community, embrace the team’s diverse fan base, increase attendance, engage fans and the club community through authentic storytelling and interaction, and meet club revenue generation goals.
- Lead all marketing projects, ensuring deliverables are on time, on budget, on-brand, and of high quality.
- Oversee development of all direct reports, while identifying skills and capability gaps, and work to mentor employees through development opportunities.
- Utilize data analytics (qualitative and quantitative), market research, and fanbase survey initiatives to build data-informed customer journey profiles that serve as the foundation of strategic marketing communication tactics.
- Work closely with digital and social media teams to create compelling and impactful content programs that generate engagement and growth for social footprint, ensure voice consistency across all digital properties (website, apps, socials) .
- Design and supervise the implementation of paid and organic marketing campaigns across all social networks and media outlets.
- Advise leadership team on all matters relating to the press, media trends and any news coverage relevant to the club.
- Lead all strategic communications, media relations, public relations and media operations management including club broadcasts.
- Implement marketing and fan engagement strategies created to increase engagement, enhancement and refinement of the fan journey and experience.
- Design and implement programs focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and access initiatives to increase participation and awareness among underrepresented populations.
- Identify short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; provide information, insights and recommendations for action
- Collaborate with numerous stakeholders to maximize attendance to events, ensuring all participating fans, partners and stakeholders have a memorable experience
- Promote club events with the goal of increasing attendance, facility rentals, special events, sales, and experience enhancements.
- Work with internal stakeholders and collaborate across departments to set and execute the annual strategic calendar related to consumer touchpoints
- Keep leadership abreast of changes in the industry, impact of events on the business climate and incorporates relevant trend data into all plans
- Manage departmental budgets, forecasts and growth plans as aligned with the club’s strategy
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing, public relationships, communications or advertising; preferably in a sports or entertainment environment.
- 5+ years of leadership experience designing and implementing marketing efforts including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy and operations
- Effective Communicator with clear, concise communication style with the ability to flex communication style to engage and influence our partner, internal collaborators, and external parties
- Ability to multi-task and think quickly, be decisive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience designing fan engagement, journeys and event experiences
- Knowledge of brand identity, advertising, digital marketing and social media strategies and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, emerging digital trends and media buying with a proven track record of implementing innovative marketing, advertising and promotional strategies focused on achieving organizational goals.
- Experienced developer of internal talent while serving as a culture-enhancer and collaborator
- Candidate is an organized self-starter who can prioritize their workflow effectively with time sensitive projects, take initiative and work in autonomous and group settings
- Experience managing media and agency-based relationships
- Driven by goal-setting and achievement with a strong sense of urgency, with the ability to effectively plan for and address challenges as they arise
- Strong understanding of global soccer and domestic sporting landscape including marketing and fan approaches from various competitions including UEFA, MLS, USL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and Formula 1
- Proven ability to successfully navigate corporate and business operations to effectively collaborate, identify solutions and internal champions, and avoid bottlenecks
- Ability to derive insights through analytics and develop actionable insights
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in budget development and financial strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.