United Soccer League
Job Title: Operations Coordinator – Super Y League
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is shaping the future of soccer in America. We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization, bringing the world’s game to more and more communities across the United States and Canada. Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL oversees multiple professional and elite pre-professional leagues, including the USL Championship, USL Super League, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League.
We are authentic to the spirit of the game, honoring the dedication of the players, the passion of the supporters, and the culture of the clubs. We believe in the power of soccer to unite people, provide unique life experiences, and have a meaningful impact in local communities. We work as a team, challenge the status quo, and strive to make everyone feel welcome.
United Soccer League is the proud recipient of Front Office Sports' 2021 & 2022 Best Employers in Sports and Tampa Bay Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces.
The Super Y League (SYL) is a professionally operated youth soccer league providing an elite platform for youth player development and identification in North America. The Super Y League is currently seeking a motivated, passionate, and hardworking candidate for an Operations Coordinator position within the organization dealing directly with league operations, event management, and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directly liaise with the designated club administrators on all league operations issues.
- Develop, manage, and maintain league schedule.
- Oversee competitive and disciplinary matters, including the management of Referee Assignors.
- Enforce organizational and game-day minimum standards compliance.
- Provide unparalleled customer service and maintain positive relationships with clubs.
- Coordinate and manage league events (Championships, RSS Camps, etc.).
- Assist with player registration and pre-season league development initiatives.
- Oversee minimum standards and discipline databases.
- Oversee match report database.
- Coordinate neutral site reservations with SYL clubs.
- Ensure proper assignment of referees.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Business, or related field and/or equivalent professional work experience.
- 1+ years of experience working with the administration and maintenance of sports programs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point is necessary.
- Background in sport or event management, specifically soccer, is highly preferred.
- Candidate must be creative and able to think outside the box.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
We have great Perks - Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental, Vision & Pet Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k w/ up to 6% match • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.