Based in Johnson City, Tennessee, Otter Soccer competes in USL League 2, the leading pre-professional league in North America. USL2 provides the opportunity for players, both domestic and international, to continue playing at the highest level while still maintaining collegiate eligibility. Since 2010, 80% of MLS Draft Selections were previous USL2 players.
Otter Soccer is looking for outgoing and dedicated individuals to become part of our 2022 Otter Ambassador cohort. Otter Ambassadors is an internship program designed for college students who are interested in gaining valuable experience working in the front office of a sports organization. The ideal candidates will demonstrate initiative, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.
Otter Ambassadors’ internships are interdepartmental to allow for a well-rounded and diverse internship experience. Ambassadors will gain experience in areas including but not limited to: community engagement, event and game-day operations, digital media, merchandising, fan experience, and ticketing.
Daily responsibilities of each intern will vary depending on departmental needs. Game-time intern responsibilities will depend upon staffing needs. The following is a brief overview of departmental responsibilities:
Social Media/Digital Marketing:
- Research new social trends, pop culture references, and opportunities to create engaging social media content
- Capture unique and engaging content throughout the season (including in-game)
- Assist with logistical duties for community engagement initiatives (Adopt an Otter programming, Otter Soccer Camp, etc.
- Brainstorm new ideas for connecting Otter Soccer to the Johnson City community (away game watch parties)
- Manage and staff Ollie the Otter mascot on game days
- Brainstorm and organize themed nights for Otter home games
- Assist with pre-game, in-game, and post-game operations, set-up and tear-down
- Work in box office on game nights, assisting fans with walk-up sales
- Manage team merchandise inventory and sales
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit
- Available to work all match days (includes late nights and weekends)
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Dedicated to the success of Otter Soccer both on and off the field
- Interest in and knowledge of the sport of soccer
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, creative, and hard-working
Start Date: May 1 (or as close to as possible)
End Date: Mid-late July (contingent on playoffs)
The Otter Ambassador program is for college credit, and thus the internships are unpaid.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.