The Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC and Highmark Stadium Ticket Office are seeking interns who are interested in expanding their knowledge of ticketing operations within a professional sports venue. We are looking for Ticket Operations Interns for the 2023 Season. The Ticket Operations Intern will work directly with the Director of Ticket Operations, the Director of Tickets Sales, and the Ticket Sales Team. This is a part-time unpaid internship that can be taken for college credit.
Interns will be required to work office hours during the week, on gamedays, and event days. Over the course of the internship, you will be expected to:
- Learn the ticketing system
- Process orders
- Manage will call
- Handle customer service inquiries at the window
- Reconcile sales reports
- Operate the team store on non-event days
- Assist with various departmental projects/needs as assigned
Game and event days may include:
- Providing customer service to fans while assisting with all aspects of ticket operations from ushering to selling tickets, handling various forms of payment and completing settlement reports at the end of shifts, and supporting all other game day staff as needed.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Current/recent college/university student with a background or interest in ticketing, sales, marketing, business, or customer service
- Detail oriented and enthusiastic about working within a sports-related environment
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Willing to work non-traditional hours (weekends, evenings, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Accounts
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster Archtics, Ticketmaster Host, TM Sales, TM1, or Fevo is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.