Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC have been Pittsburgh's premier professional soccer team since its inception in 1999, and play in the United Soccer League, one of the largest and fastest growing professional soccer organizations in North America. The Riverhounds are seeking associates for the summer 2023 season. This position provides undergraduates with an overall learning experience that creates a solid understanding of the business side of professional sports and entertainment. Pittsburgh Riverhounds associates will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the operation of a successful sports franchise including two new sports venues, Highmark Stadium and the AHN Montour Junction Sports Complex. In addition to gaining valuable experience in Club and Stadium business operations, Pittsburgh Riverhounds associates will also have the opportunity to engage and contribute to venue logistics and operations. There will be a heavy emphasis on customer service and providing a safe, fun, and overall enjoyable experience for all fans. Our Associates will contribute to our core values of providing affordable family entertainment, growing the game of soccer and making memories for our local community. The associate will also contribute to other areas as needed.
The Pittsburgh Riverhounds are looking for energetic, outgoing and passionate individuals to build enthusiasm and excitement throughout Western Pennsylvania. The Riverhounds Associate Team will serve as brand ambassadors to engage with fans and promote the Riverhounds at community events and home games at Highmark Stadium.
We are seeking an associate team of 10 team members beginning in May 2023. All associates will get exposure to ticket sales, marketing, corporate partnerships, and event operations. Associates will provide administrative and operational support for the development and execution of day-to-day Riverhounds activities. This includes, but is not limited to game day revenue development initiatives, game day operations and promotions, off-site marketing events, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the prospecting, planning, development and execution of community events, programs, and initiatives
- Look for opportunities to work with new community partners and programs
- Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful
- Be able to communicate and express yourself both written and verbally
- Contribute to social media content and strategy
- Serving as a liaison with participating groups for game-night entertainment activities ranging from on-ice contests to concourse tables
- Managing concourse activities, contests, and data collection practices (Enter-to-Win raffles, etc.)
- Participating on the Riverhounds Game Night Staff assisting with the fulfillment of Fan Experiences and other Community Relations Activities
- Assisting Director of Stadium Operations in keeping the stadium in top shape
- Organize kids and groups during events, including pre, half, & post-game Riverhounds experiences
- All other duties as assigned
- Be available for 75% of Riverhounds home games during the Summer term
- Passion for Soccer is strongly preferred
- Excellent customer service and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize under a heavy workload
- Develop self and others through strong leadership skills
- Passion for working with others in a team setting
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.