The sales specialist's main responsibility is to produce ticket revenue by developing and maintaining season and group ticket accounts. You will sell new group accounts to decision makers within businesses and non-profit organizations. You will also sell new season seat accounts through outside sales appointments with businesses, and over the phone sales to local residences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet all sales goals assigned.
- Set appointments over the phone with decision-makers, consistently meeting the weekly goals for sales appointments.
- Tailor sales packages according to each company's needs.
- Handle objections in an effort to bring in new season seat/group accounts.
- Develop and maintain a database of potential group and season-seat customers.
- Contact group leaders through the database and through new leads, particularly after a direct mail piece is released, to bring in new sales.
- Prospect for quality leads, particularly through asking for referrals.
- Provide customer service to existing accounts by visiting with them during games, as well as provide amenities.
- Make phone calls during the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact with ticket holders.
- Work with the box office to update sales reports.
- Complete any customer service an operational duties as assigned.
- Must have previous sales experience in group sales or membership-based ticket sales, from a prior sport’s organization.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in sales, sales internships will count, with proven performance of success in sales.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.