Detroit City FC is Detroit’s professional soccer club. Founded in 2012, the community club has grown to include a women’s side, developmental teams, and over 2000 youth playing under the same badge. As the organization looks to take on new challenges, it seeks professional and energetic Account Executives that are looking to sell for a growing team that is making a name for itself on a national and international level.
The Account Executive, Group Sales, is responsible for selling ticket packages for Detroit City FC. Ticket packages will include season memberships, partial plans, suites, party decks, and group tickets. The Account Executive, Group Sales, will have an increased focus on driving group ticket sales through both traditional and non-traditional channels including theme nights, youth leagues, fundraisers, etc. The position will report to the Vice President of Ticket Sales & Service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Prospect, establish, research and close ticket sales leads through cold-calling, text/email
initiatives and in-person appointments
● Represent the organization at various networking events and/or offsite community events
promoting ticket sales
● Participate in various sales, team and community events as assigned
● Be an ambassador of the Detroit City FC brands throughout the community
● Meet and exceed established sales objectives
● Provide excellent customer service to all managed accounts during the sales process, as
well as during the sales follow-through at the event
● Hit activity targets each day with the goal of maximizing all ticket revenue
● Continually create and implement unique sales strategies, ideas, and programs as a
means of producing new business opportunities
● Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working
relationships with all team members
● Participate and contribute to daily or weekly sales team meetings and training sessions
● Will have in-game duties during our team’s events and games
● Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Business, or related field; or equivalent
professional experience. (Previous experience in ticket sales is preferred but not required. This position presents a great opportunity to begin or continue a career in sports and entertainment).
● Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, and enthusiasm about contributing to the success
of the department and Club
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Above average knowledge of PC systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
● Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, if necessary
● Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and
execute in a timely manner
● Must be flexible with the ability to adapt in a fast pace work environment with challenging
demands and frequent changes
● Possess a competitive spirit
● Highly self-motivated
● Soccer knowledge and familiarity with youth soccer organizations in Michigan is preferred, but not required
● Bilingual (Spanish or Arabic) speaker a plus, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.