The Menace is looking for highly motivated college students interested in being a part of the United Soccer League team in Des Moines. The ideal candidates will demonstrate initiative, the ability to multi-task, a willingness to learn and a positive attitude. This is a paid, part-time position. How to apply:
Please submit an intern application (found at www.menacesoccer.com/employment
) and resume to [email protected]
Application will be reviewed as they are received so interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Responsibilities
- Playing an active role on Menace game days, including helping with stadium setup and teardown, promotions, customer service, and marketing initiatives.
- Carrying out the team’s marketing strategies at community events on game days.
- As available, assisting with the Menace’s youth programs, including the Menace’s tournaments in late April/early May and Menace camps in June/July.
- Other projects and duties, as directed by Menace Operations Manager.
- Some experience and/or studying in areas relevant to the job are preferred but not required.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
- Ability to lift 5/10/25 pounds regularly
- Creativity, passion for customer service, and providing a memorable fan experience.
- Exceptional writing, interpersonal communication, public-speaking and social-media skills.
- Working knowledge of the Des Moines Menace and the game of soccer.
- Able to work under deadline, work well with others and problem solve.
- Growth-focused and interested in continuous learning and improvement, with an openness to feedback.
- Disciplined, with a positive attitude, dedicated to the organization’s goals, mission and values.
- Proven team player who is willing to work long days, nights, and weekends and do what it takes to get the job done.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. As part of the same corporate family as Kum & Go convenience stores, all Menace associates are expected to uphold the company's values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Caring and Excellence.