The Video Content Producer is an integral member of the Charleston Battery’s Marketing Team and is responsible for creating dynamic video features for in-game use, digital, sales and corporate marketing. The Video Content Producer will also be responsible for managing and creating original content for the club’s TikTok and YouTube channels. The role works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications and other team members in the production of video compelling content across the club’s platforms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Capture video content upholding the club’s creative standard of excellence
- Create new individual and episodic video concepts/storyboards
- Shoot and edit engaging and entertaining video content for social media, in-venue entertainment and promotional use
- Manage the club’s video library of match, training, and broadcast clips in an organized manner for quick highlight edits on demand
- Build, manage, and create engagement worthy short-form video content for the club’s TikTok channel, leveraging both relevant platform trends and original concepts.
- Manage video interviews with coaches and players for pre/post game content
- Creatively integrate branded partners into video content strategy and production
- Manage and operate all production equipment, which may include (but not limited to) lighting, audio, tripod, camera (Sony equipment)
- Oversee the club’s YouTube presence and channel strategy
- Capture compelling video of the gameday experience, on and off the field for both home and away games, leveraging broadcast platform and software for content
- Coordinate with broadcast production teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years professional experience in a related field (prior sports experience preferred, but not required) with a full range of production experience: writing, producing, editing and directing
- Strong video editing skills with specific knowledge of Adobe Premiere, as well as experience with other Adobe applications, notably Adobe After Effects
- Experience creating and editing platform-specific videos (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- A passion for storytelling
- Capacity to learn quickly and function in the fast-paced professional sports environment
- Ability to produce stories from concept and ideation to editing and final delivery
- A strong attention to detail
- Must be open to and able to adapt to ever changing requests, feedback, edits and/or revisions and must be able to take direction and produce an approved finished product in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Understanding of industry-leading video and audio equipment
- Extensive hand-held camera experience
- Experience lighting interviews and sets
- Basic audio field production skills
- Drone videography experience preferred, but not required
- Available to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends
- A good teammate, must be able to work well with other videographers, photographers, graphic designers and team members in order to collaborate and establish an effective workflow within the team.
- Candidate MUST be able to supply web-links to completed work, demo reels or any other content, which validates their application and work experience.
Charleston Battery is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.