JAXUSL is the operating company formed to bring and develop men’s and women’s professional United Soccer League franchises to Northeast Florida. The company’s goal is to bring competitive USL Championship and Super League action to the First Coast and to work with local authorities in the development of a 15,000-capacity stadium and training facility to host the club in Northeast Florida. For more information, visit www.jaxusl.com
JAXUSL is seeking a Social Media Manager to drive and execute the social media strategy and tactics for the official and ancillary accounts of the organization while balancing the creative needs and production deadlines that bring the strategy to life. The position is based in our Jacksonville, Florida, offices.
The person in this role is responsible for the development and execution of strategic communications for the JAXUSL social media accounts to include sales, marketing, business, and community initiatives. The Manager will lead the charge in the daily operation of JAXUSL social media platforms from offseason planning and posting, to in-game posting, off-day scheduling, performance reporting, influencer strategy and more. This position will also assist with in-stadium and on-site social media activation in conjunction with various organizational initiatives. The employee must have confidence in dealing with the members of the media and fan base, as well as a willingness to take initiative and assume activities associated with communicating JAXUSL organization's key messages.
As part of a multi-faceted and dynamic team, this individual will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while consistently bringing new ideas to the table. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, flexible, extremely organized, and detail-oriented with a deep knowledge of crafting and implementing social media copy and strategies.
- Take ownership of daily communications across all social media platforms and accounts, including creating, strategizing, scheduling, and publishing content for all JAXUSL social media platforms.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Director to develop strategic long-term programs tailored for specific platforms to increase engagement and followers.
- Maintain, organize, and update the organization’s social media content calendar.
- Present and establish creative ideas for social content and upcoming initiatives.
- Collaborate with various internal and external content creators (photographers, videographers, designers, etc.) to tell the organization’s story and achieve its goals.
- Lead the analysis of content performance to provide ongoing learnings and recommendations.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing on the organization’s influencer efforts.
- Curate and maintain frequent conversations with our fan base.
- Identify and implement opportunities to generate contacts and revenue with content.
- Responsible for the oversight and coverage of social media activations for corporate partnership programs, community events, business activations, etc.
- Work collaboratively with USL on League initiatives
- Assist in paid efforts and advertising on social media.
- Active role in sales, marketing, partnerships, community, and content creation.
- Maintain and implement knowledge of best practices and trends in social media.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in social media, digital media, content creation, or copy writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Excellent understanding of social media and emerging technologies.
- Ability to write original content
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing social media analytics tools (Ex: Zoomph, Emplifi, CrowdTangle, Sprinklr, Fan Compass, etc.).
- Knowledge and passion for the sport of soccer preferred.
Please include a specific cover letter relating to this role, detailing how you are qualified as a candidate and why you should be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.