In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
As Videography Intern you will have the opportunity to learn about the brand and vision of the Real Salt Lake organization and what it takes to be creative in a professional sports environment (including but not limited to general content creation, conceptualizing projects, editing, and fitting in with a brand). In this internship, you will further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and organizational skills.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of working every home game at America First Field or Zions Bank Stadium. In-office hours are also required throughout the workweek to capture content, edit photos, as well as complete other duties as assigned.
Please note that the RSL and Real Monarch’s seasons may run through November. This role also requires a time commitment of 20-30 hours per week.
- Works directly with our Cinematographer and Multimedia Producer to create content for Real Salt Lake, Real Monarchs, Real Salt Lake Academy, and RSL Community social platforms.
- Captures useable video content from RSL, Real Monarchs, and RSL Academy training sessions.
- Captures video content during RSL, Real Monarchs, and RSL Academy matches.
- Performs video editing, from interview segments, highlight reels, paid social media, social media, sponsorship content, and in-game features.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of soccer is required.
- Working knowledge and abilities in Adobe Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of photo and video camera equipment.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, and efficient, as they will be asked to create content under strict time restrictions.
- The ideal candidate will be able to create professional-grade content by deadlines for RSL, Real Monarchs, RSL Academy, and RSL Community.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays to accommodate the teams' schedule.
- Photography experience.
- Fluent in Spanish.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 25 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.