The social media interns will have the opportunity to learn about the brand, vision and history of Real Salt Lake and understand the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which would include social media, paid ads, website design, writing, brand vision, graphic design, photography, and videography), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of working every home game at Rio Tinto Stadium or Zions Bank Stadium. In-office hours are also required throughout the work week to capture content, create social media plans, and track analytics. Please note that the first RSL home game of the 2022 season will be in February and that the season may run through November or early December.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the Digital Director to create a content plan for Real Salt Lake, Real Monarchs and Real Salt Lake Academy social platforms.
- Be given a season-long project to create, develop, plan, and execute throughout the duration of the internship.
- Utilize photography skills to capture photos at RSL/Real Monarchs matches, training sessions, Community Relations events, etc.
- Learn to track, analyze, and monitor social media analytics
- Brainstorm creative ways to create content across social media platforms
- Assist on Real Salt Lake and Real Monarchs on matchdays
- Track emerging social media trends and platforms like TikTok.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER OR PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED
- Basic knowledge of soccer is not required, but highly suggested as interns will need to have a working understanding of the game to fulfill several responsibilities.
- Strong interest in social media
- A sense of humor is required. We love a good meme and banter is our main form of communication.
- Available to work 20-30 hours weekly.
- Knowledge of current and emerging social platforms.
- Reliability, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, and efficient, as they will be asked to create content under strict time restrictions.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere), photo and video camera equipment
- Working knowledge of photo and video cameras.
- The ideal candidate will be able to create professional-grade content by deadlines for RSL, Real Monarchs, RSL Academy, and RSL Basketball.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.