In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This at-will full-time position is responsible to curate & expand the Club’s values, ideals, aspirations & brand through digital marketing. This includes social media, marketing, in-stadium and other external branding for Real Salt Lake, America First Field, Zions Bank Real Academy facility, the Real Monarchs, the Real Salt Lake Academy, all Club sponsors and partners, players, staff, and front office personnel. The Social Media Coordinator will be required to produce a variety of content & material for the Club’s vast array of priorities.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO FOR CONSIDERATION
- Produces and manages content for RSL and other Club digital and social media platforms.
- Help manage and produce paid social media for RSL and other Club social media channels.
- Develop strategic long-term programs tailored for specific platforms to increase engagement and followers.
- Collaborate with various internal and external content creators (photographers, videographers, designers, etc.)
- Engage in conversation across social channels to connect with our fans.
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting.
- Track emerging social media trends and platforms like TikTok
- Assists on Real Salt Lake and Real Monarchs on match days
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Business
- Strong writing skills
- A sense of humor is required. We love a good meme and banter is our main form of communication.
- Knowledge of current and emerging social platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Reliability, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere), photo and video camera equipment
- Working knowledge of photo and video cameras.
- The ideal candidate will be able to create professional-grade content by deadlines for RSL, Real Monarchs, RSL Academy, and RSL Community.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Basic knowledge of soccer is not required, but highly suggested as this role will need to have a working understanding of the game to fulfill several responsibilities
- Previous experience managing the social media content of a professional or collegiate sports team
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.