In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
$44,391.56 To 55,489.46 Annually
This at-will full-time position is responsible for the day-to-day PR responsibilities for RSL, Real Monarchs, RSL Academy, America First Field & ZBRA facility, ensuring that a “unified front” from all levels, is viewed externally with the purpose of growing all revenue streams through emotional, logical and strategic connection with our community, partners, staff, team & leagues. Key to this position is the establishment and maintenance of valuable relationships with media, teams, agents, broadcast personalities, and business influencers on the local, national, and industry levels.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with all Apple TV requests for First Team content, both video and written. Gathering all requests and assigning to the proper individual to execute, while assisting in execution.
- Work with the VP of Communication to develop and execute content and communications plans for each identified individual RSL Academy and Real Monarchs player and other assigned projects
- Handle day-to-day communications responsibilities of the First Team in conjunction with the PR Team and VP of Communication; including interview requests, necessary player acquisition press releases, and announcement plans, and work with the broadcast team to promote players' storylines that fit the Club’s narrative.
- Develop & enhance local & national Spanish media connections.
- Respond to, or direct media inquiries in a timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communications/English.
- Applicants must be bi-lingual, Spanish speaking
- 1+ years of experience in sports Public Relations,.
- Basic knowledge/understanding of the evolving media business and sport of soccer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with light use of Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Must work all matches, which include nights and weekends.
- Be available to travel to select road matches as needed.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage change.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.