General Counsel - Real Salt Lake (Sandy · UT)
Real Salt Lake Jobs
Jobs in Sandy · UT
Legal: General Counsel/Contractual Law
The General Counsel will be responsible for handling a wide variety of legal matters that arise within the Club’s businesses. This individual will serve as the Club’s primary legal contact with League. This individual will manage risk and ensure compliance with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Serve as senior legal advisor and provide general in-house support for legal matters concerning Club activities and operations, including supporting complex commercial transactions with customers and partners.
- Research legal issues and provide expertise in the underlying laws and regulations.
- Structures, drafts, reviews and negates all manner of complex commercial agreements, including customer, marketing, technology and employment agreements.
- Develops, maintains, and ensures compliance with League policies, procedures and standards.
- Manages and directs relationships with outside counsel.
- Identify, assess, manage and escalate as necessary any issues and risks arising during drafting and/or negotiations with customers, partners and other third parties, including with respect to regulatory or compliance matters, and guide team members in doing the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience in an in-house environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience supporting a professional sports team.
- Demonstrated expertise, judgment, maturity, and productivity in independently handling significant matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience counseling and advising business unit leaders and department heads and members of their teams on all manner of legal
and business issues
- Ability to think strategically, see the “big picture” and maintain close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to accommodate the teams’ schedule and events.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment and with other departments and individuals throughout the company and externally.
Superior communication and persuasive writing skills.
LICENSE AND EDUCATION
- Admitted to practice law in the State of Utah (OR have active membership with good standing in at least one U.S. state bar while pending admission to the Utah bar. The candidate must obtain admission to the Utah bar within 2 years of employment)
- Juris Doctor
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 20 pounds or exerting heavy force in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.