2024 Season - Player Care Associate (Orlando City) - Orlando City SC & Orlando Pride (Orlando · FL)
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
TITLE: Player Care Associate (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT: Team Operations
REPORTS TO: Player Care, Team Administrators
FLSA: Part Time, Nonexempt
Associates will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with coordinating all administrative functions involving player relocation and establishment with the Club (1st Team, 2nd Team, Academy)
- Learn how to assist with Player Relocation plan for each player and distribution of finalized “relocation plan” to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with team staff during team training sessions, operations and events as needed
- Learn the process of player assistance, as well as their families on match days, and normal day-to-day assistance
- Provide assistance to staff with various administrative and operational tasks as needed.
- In addition to daily assignments, each student will have the opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments in different areas of Team Operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in Sports Business, Management, etc.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Exceptional reliability, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with experience managing multiple projects and timelines.
- An Innovative Individual who can come up with ideas and work extremely well within a team to come up with creative solutions and identify new opportunities, often in a high-pressure, fast-changing environment.
- Strong attention to small details is a must.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Strong interest in soccer and sports is a plus.
- A sense of humor is a must (prepare to tell us about a good joke in your interview).
- Internship will be around 20-30 hours weekly.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Duration of internship depends on the applicant's ability to receive academic credit for this opportunity.