Youth Advocate - New York City FC (New York · NY)
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
JOB TITLE: Youth Advocate
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Community Development
LOCATION: New York, NY
The Youth Advocate will actively recruit participants for City in the Community programs and ensure high retention of participants and engagement with families across all CITC programs. This individual will help track and report on data around participants’ enrollment, attendance, academic, social/emotional and mental health outcomes to ensure program impact is in line with all the goals outlined in CITC’s 2021 – 2026 Strategic Framework.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Actively recruit potential participants and families from the CORE GROUP to enroll in academic/social services support programming
- Serve as an academic advocate to program participants through proactive outreach and check ins with participants and parents or guardians on school attendance and grades
- Provide high touch support to participants by helping families navigate the education system, attending truancy hearings with students and working with teachers to develop action plans for participants
- Conduct ongoing strengths/needs assessments with participants and families
- Develop action plans for each participant based on information gathered in their strengths/needs assessment
- Provide case management to program participants by responding to economic, academic, housing and/or medical and behavioral health needs
- Facilitate linkages to community agencies such as substance abuse/behavioral health clinics or GED courses and follow through to ensure resources are administered and utilized
- Coordinate communication among Community team, site leads, coaches and sports/fitness trainers to ensure youth are engaged in all components of programming
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Youth Development and Human Services Experience
- Passionate about engaging youth and promoting supportive learning environments
- Competency in Spanish and/or Portuguese language preferred
- High School degree with 2+ years of experience
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Two complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: www.nycfc.com.
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What are your salary requirements?