Membership Development Specialist - New York City FC (New York · NY)
New York City FC Jobs
Jobs in New York · NY
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
JOB TITLE: Membership Development Specialist
REPORTING TO: Manager, Membership Development
LOCATION: New York, NY
The Membership Development Specialist is responsible for generating maximum revenue through the sales and retention of full season, partial season, and group ticket plans. This person will establish relationships with local companies, individuals and groups within the community and provide superior levels of service with prospective clients and developed accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Generate new and renewal business revenue through full season, partial season, and group tickets.
- Build relationships with current Members through phone calls, face-to-face meetings, events, and game day interactions.
- Prospect and close new sales leads for the organization through an outbound sales effort including cold-calling, relationship selling and in-person presentations.
- Build strong relationships with account base through proactive communication including seat visits, touch points, phone calls, emails and other communication channels.
- Maintain a detailed customer database of all clients and prospects in the teams CRM. This includes, but is not limited to: call sheets, referral follow-up, existing client programs, new solicitation and other programs as developed.
- Assist season ticket holders through the seat selections process and communicate how to properly manage their account through online options.
- Provide a dedicated effort to renewal campaign.
- Make a required minimum of 50 outbound calls per day to a mix of current City Members and new business prospects.
- Establish presence at all New York City FC home games and local events for the purpose of developing new prospects, servicing existing customer base, and generating referrals.
- Attend out of office meetings (corporate meetings, networking events, youth soccer meetings, etc.)
- Develop and constantly grow a database comprised of major corporations, medium and smaller-sized businesses, and individual prospects through various professional prospecting and networking efforts throughout the community.
- Meet or exceed sales goals assigned by the Sr. Director, Ticket Sales and Service.
- Other duties as determined by the Sr. Director, Ticket Sales and Services or Director, Ticket Sales.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years sales experience. Experience in the sports industry is a plus.
- Track record of sales success
- Soccer knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Competitive and dedicated attitude, with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial drive.
- Experience in the New York marketplace preferred.
- Excellent time management, organization, and customer service skills.
- High comfort level making cold calls.
- Excellent knowledge of PC systems including Word, Excel, and database-related platforms.
- Creativity and excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted standards of customer service and problem resolution.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Base Compensation: $45,000/annual. This is a non-exempt overtime eligible position
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and is the reigning 2021 MLS Cup Champion. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What are your salary requirements?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Are you bilingual? If so, what language(s)?