Match Day Operations Staff - New York City FC (New York · NY)
New York City FC Jobs
Jobs in New York · NY
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
JOB TITLE: Match Day Operations Staff
DEPARTMENT: Stadium Operations
LOCATION: New York, NY
COMPENSATION: $20-22/hour, part-time
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Match Day Operations Staff will be directly responsible for the stadium conversion in multiple venues across the tri state area. In addition to home games, it is common to have working dates leading up to MATCH DAY (MD-1, MD-2). This part time position requires a substantial amount of physical labor, with exposure to an outdoor working environment, in sometimes harsh weather conditions. This position will work closely with the Director of Operations to maintain and improve all operational procedures, practices, and planning. It is the expectation that staff members will be available for all 2022 home matches, with the MLS & MLS Next Pro regular season schedule running from February until October. Select dates outside of the regular season matches may also be required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Install and remove all temporary and non-temporary stadium signage for NYCFC matches
- Setup and breakdown team, staff, auxiliary and referee locker rooms
- Mount and remove field level elements (static field boards, team benches, pitch side seating, field level suites, etc.)
- Setup and breakdown of all field equipment, barricades, stanchions, etc.
- Help maintain an efficient, clean, and orderly storage system
- Work with Operations Team to maintain an accurate inventory of all items and equipment
- Install and remove club space elements, suite decor and support giveaway distribution
- Serve as a liaison to various league and club constituents (visiting teams, referees, supporter’s groups, partners, vendors, etc.)
- Load/unload storage trailers, ensuring proper work habits are practiced for safety and efficiency
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 1-2 years’ experience in events and/or game day operations
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds and perform manual labor over the course of a full event (8-16 hrs)
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Experience showing expected professionalism around pro athletes/teams
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Must work well in team environment
- Capable of taking direction and individually executing various tasks and assignments
- Successful candidates will be dependable, trustworthy and possess strong interpersonal skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Working soccer knowledge and understanding of the game is a plus, but not a requirement
- Bilingual (Spanish) speaker a plus, not required
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and is the reigning 2021 MLS Cup Champion. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/. New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Are you bilingual? If so, what language(s)?