Manager, Accounting - New York City FC (New York · NY)
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
JOB TITLE: Manager, Accounting
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Finance
LOCATION: New York, NY
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Finance
LOCATION: New York, NY
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for the general accounting of New York City Football Club, City in the Community (CITC) Foundation, NYC Elite development squad and CFG StadCo. This role will have accounting oversight of all non-revenue generating departments, including Legal, Finance/IT/HR, Executive, Communications, Facilities, and Stadium Operations departments. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This person will also prepare and analyze financial reports, including balance sheets, income and lost statements, and tax returns.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Ensures accurate & timely month-end General Ledger close in compliance with US GAAP standards with adherence to tight closing calendar. Identifies any areas of concern in accounts for investigation & resolves
· Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
· Supports and controls oversight of MLS activity
· Maintains oversight of compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations
· Maintains oversight of CITC and CFG StadCo
· Analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and solutions to business and financial problems
· Maintains the company's overall system of accounts, books and records on all company transactions and assets
· Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities
· Establishes and monitors the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
· Understands and performs general ledger accounting
· Interacts effectively with Financial Planning & Analysis Manager and other departments to ensure timely and efficient record keeping
· Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled
· Provides managerial support for daily cash flow activities performed by the accounting team
· Supports compliance to internal controls with a focus on continuous process improvement
· Manages the coordination of audit and the gathering of required audit information
· Directs the daily activities of team members, monitoring deadlines, and providing hands-on support and coaching
· Supervises the Finance Executive
· Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university or college; CPA preferred
• 3-5 years accounting and/or finance experience, preferably in a fast paced, high growth company; 1-2 years of managerial experience.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting processes and procedures. Experience in accounting and ability to apply GAAP knowledge to general ledger accounting
• A high level of organization, initiative, and drive. Natural sense of ownership for duties and deadlines as well as drive for continuous improvement
• Demonstrated interpersonal and team building skills among all organization levels
• Demonstrated ability to work in an organized manner, prioritizing projects and managing time efficiently and effectively
• Excellent knowledge of PC systems including MS Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) and accounting software (Agresso a plus)
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback
• Ability to problem solve, be decisive and conduct oneself with poise and professionalism
• Proven commitment and work ethic to achieve highest standards
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others
• Ability to work non-standard hours, including nights, weekends, game days and holidays as required.
· Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
· New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
· Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
· Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
· Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing
· through in-office and virtual programs
· Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
· Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
· A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and is the reigning 2021 MLS Cup Champion. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/.
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?