Academy Head of Performance Services – New York City FC Academy - New York City FC (Orangeburg · NY)
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orangeburg · NY
Player Operations: Strength and Conditioning
JOB TITLE: Academy Head of Performance Services – New York City FC Academy
REPORTING TO: Academy Director
LOCATION: CFA New York (Orangeburg, NY) and St. John’s University (Queens, NY)
The Academy Head of Performance Services will be responsible for the physical development, injury prevention, and medical support of every player in NYCFC Academy, in a multidisciplinary professional context of Soccer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead all aspects of athlete preparation, rehabilitation, and injury prevention in close communication with management and coaching staff.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists & Performance Coaches.
- Communicate with Sporting Director, Academy Director, HR, Head Coaches, 1st Team Performance Director, MLS2 Coaches and Staff, Academy parents.
- Develop and monitor individualized injury prevention and physical development plan as a part of the player’s Individual development plan.
- Lead the process around physical development for players in different growth and maturation stages.
- Assist with transition of elite academy players to the 1st team and MLS2 team
- Align and develop the philosophical approach to injury prevention, rehabilitation, and physical development across disciplines and within the overall structure of NYCFC.
- Appropriately allocate resources to align with strategic priorities of the club and CFG.
- Develop an athlete and parent education program.
- Lead and Monitor staff PDR process
- Leading Covid protocols in compliance with CDC and New York guidelines.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively convey messages to colleagues, coaches, players, and parents
- An independent, enthusiastic approach and proactive attitude
- Good computer literacy skills and able to assimilate new software processes quickly
- Flexibility to work differing hours on a weekly basis (including evening and weekends) – as agreed each week – depending on the game and schedule of First- and Academy-Teams
- Ability to manage workload, set deadlines and priorities and good time management skills
- Advanced degree in Physical Therapy or Athletic Training preferred
- Experience managing multidisciplinary rehabilitation processes
- Experience working across a multidisciplinary work environment
- Competency in Spanish and/or Portuguese language preferred
- Sporting Director;
- Academy Director;
- NYCFC Director of Performance;
- NYCFC Academy Coaches, Medical and Sports Science staff and other staff that works with the team on a day-to-day basis;
- NYCFC First Team Medical and Performance staff.
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Two complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What are your salary requirements?
Are you bilingual? If so, what language?