Head Athletic Trainer - First Team - NYCFC (Orangeburg · NY)
Jobs in Orangeburg · NY
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
JOB TITLE: Head Athletic Trainer - First Team
REPORTING TO: Performance Director
LOCATION: Etihad City Football Academy – Orangeburg, NY
The Head Athletic Trainer will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for an MLS Club. In this capacity, the Head Athletic Trainer will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for Players’ medical problems. The performance of duties will be under the direction and supervision of the MLS Chief Medical Officer, the Club Performance Director, and the designated Club Chief Medical Officer.
The Head Athletic Trainer will work closely with the Head Coach and/or Chief Soccer Officer/General Manager/Director of Soccer Operations daily. A year-round employee, the Athletic Trainer will attend all trainings, scrimmages and home games and ensure two (2) Athletic Trainers/Therapists are present at all away games.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Working in collaboration with the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the CMO:
- Leads the healthcare of Players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, participating in the development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, massage therapists, sport scientists, and performance coaches
- Communicate with the medical staffs for NYCFC II and the Academy to coordinate care for players in the Elite Talent Program
- Comply with OSHA standards regarding blood borne pathogens
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of Player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record (EMR) system
- Electronically document accurate first report of injury, physician diagnosis, Player assessments, Player treatments, and return to play dates
- Complete all administrative work pertaining to the player’s medical insurance
- Compile reports as required by the League
- Help the Club Medical Staff regarding Player health and safety
- Under the direction of the Club physicians, assist with the organization and maintenance of pharmaceutical inventory and records
- Organize physical examinations as required by League regulations
- Lead Assistant Athletic Trainer/Therapist (s), Medical Interns, and volunteers.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with Players, coaches, other Club personnel and League staff
- Comply with all League medical policies and protocols
- Consult with Players regarding dietary needs, nutritional supplements, and League/FIFA banned substances
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League
- Assist with the loading and unloading of team equipment at team hotels as well as home and road locker rooms.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by the League/Club
WHO YOU ARE:
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist
- In good standing with NATABOC
- State or Province License in the state/province in which the Club calls home, if
- required by the state/province
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- Preferred certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
- Minimum four-year bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree or higher in related healthcare field or license
- Dual certified ATC/PT preferred
- Minimum five (5) years certified athletic trainer/therapist
- Experience with elite level athletes in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Experience working in a high tempo, high stress environment
- Soccer experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese strongly preferred
• Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
• New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and most recently won the Campeones Cup in 2022 along with the MLS Cup in 2021. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/ .
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Are you bilingual? If so, what language(s)?
What are your salary requirements?