We are accepting applications for spring 2020 internships (late March - May) Hours can be flexible to accommodate your school or work schedule. Some nights and weekends will be required.
Washington Spirit is looking for a photography intern to assist the Marketing and Communications department. The photography intern will report to the Marketing Director and will assist with the day to day objectives of the Marketing and Communications Department.
- Shoot action photos of training sessions
- Shoot photos during game days and other events as needed.
- Edit photos in Photoshop/Lightroom
- Post-game day photo galleries to the team website
- Photograph fans and in-game presentation
- Handle image sourcing / emailing internal & external photo requests
- Assist with archiving of photos
- Edit photos used on social media
- Interested in pursuing a career in photography
- Proficient in Photoshop/Lightroom
- Demonstrated photography and photo editing experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones
- Proficient in photography techniques, including lighting and camera positioning among others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel to away games as needed and to various events around the community
- Must be able to provide your own equipment
You will be asked to submit samples of your best action (sports) photography as well as any other work that demonstrates your creative abilities.