The Washington Spirit Matchday Operations Team represents the Washington Spirit across a variety of consumer engagements; including but not limited to home matches at Audi Field, special events, watch parties, partner appearances, festivals, etc. Through active fan engagement, they help provide memorable experiences to Washington Spirit supporters across the DMV and at each home match. At home matches, members will assist with sporting operations, partner activation, and overall fan experience. The Operations Assistants operate under the direction of the Operations Managers and the Director of Matchday Operations
- Assist the Sporting Operations Manager with match preparation efforts, such as:
- Assist in set up, activation, and tear down of community events within the DMV area outside of the NWSL regular season and challenge cup home schedule.
- Assist in set up, activation, and tear down of world cup watch parties within the DMV area outside of the NWSL regular season and challenge cup home schedule.
- Prepare for team movements during match day, including arrival, warm ups, and departures
- Set up field fixtures and venue placements in preparation for club events and matches.
- Move materials between club event and match locations, storage facilities and production locations.
- Clean, repair and maintain placement materials during the season and prepare materials for off-season storage.
- Assisting with badging, staff/media check-in, parking, food service and other event logistics.
- Actively communicate routine and emergency information clearly and concisely with Washington Spirit staff members.
- Assist the Matchday First Team staff with locker room and match program tasks, as required.
- Assist Washington Spirit Activations Operations Manager staff with fan interactions during events and matches, such as:
- Handing out programs, ads and giveaways at entrance and exit gates.
- Assisting club retail operations with setup, inventory transfer and counter sales.
- Assisting club partners with setup, operation and teardown of activation areas.
- Escorting guests and VIPs to/from venue sites.
- Assisting with pregame and halftime activities involving youth and community groups.
- Answering fan questions about activity and service locations inside the venue.
- Collect data at activation sites, gate entries and exits.
- Assist with club material inventory, incoming/outgoing shipments, warehousing and transportation between events and matches.
- Ensure a positive fan experience at events and matches through friendly interactions, proactive engagement, knowledge of match and venue procedures, professional appearance and service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidates will reside locally.
- There is no guaranteed number of hours per week, scheduling is set on an as-needed event/match basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Required to travel frequently, within the DMV area with own vehicle transportation.
- Previous operations/marketing/promotional/event experience preferred.
- Available for Washington Spirit home matches at Audi Field
- Indoor and outdoor work with some exposure to adverse conditions
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays in support of matches and events.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination prior to employment start date.
- Experience with operating cargo vans and storage trucks is a plus.
- Well-organized, self-starting, hard-working, detail-oriented, adaptable, and dependable.
- Mature, outgoing disposition when engaging fans, guests, and supporters.
- Effective problem solver and flexible thinker can operate confidently without regular, direct supervision.
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Passionate about the Washington Spirit, women’s soccer, and women’s sports and willing to continue learning and supporting the organization’s mission, values, and goals.
- Excellent communication, collaborative, and customer service skills.
Washington Spirit is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another NWSL Championship.
Washington Spirit will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and perform critical job functions. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.