What You Do
In this role you are responsible for the workings of all Washington Spirit home soccer games. You ensure that every entity within the arena has a positive, friction-less & memorable experience while attending our games. You are responsible for a hearty list of operational focused initiatives including but not limited to: Parking, Credentialing, Locker Room Set Up, Official arrivals & logistics, Team Arrivals, ADA compliance, Activation Points (for Club & Partners), Entertainment (pre/half/postgame), Retail space logistics, and MORE! You are also responsible for producing the match and supporting Sales, Marketing & Sporting initiatives as needed. You do all of this in conjunction with the DC United Support team and also manage a team of Full Time and Part Time teammates to bring this vision to life.
Who You Do It With
You lead a team of game-day focused professionals, and you work alongside our Sporting, Comms, Marketing, Sales, & Licensing teams. You report to our Head of Fan Experience & Community.
How you Do It
You work with a fierce drive to set the standard, with empathy for your team, with flexibility for the sporting calendar, and with the innate belief that this team will set the industry standard. You are operationally excellent, detail oriented and are able to handle high stress situations in a calm way. Your work ethic is unquestioned, and you have a CAN-DO attitude. You are able to quickly take accountability for missteps and move on to solutions immediately.
Key Skills Needed
- Proven ability to manage high-stress, large scale events
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Detail oriented and quick to solutions
- Interested in taking initiative to ensure success of projects
- Works well with others and has a TEAM first mentality
- Believes in the benefits of collaboration & empathy
- Proven leadership and coaching ability
- Excellent at building relationships with necessary partners
- Excellent ability to prioritize, organize & multi-task
- Eye for business opportunities
- Brings positive energy
- Risk-Management Experience
- Demonstrated passion for event management
- Execution-focused mindset
- At least 6 years of commensurate experience
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19
- Available to work nights, weekends & holidays as needed including long game-days