Sky Blue FC is seeking an Accountant / Controller to begin working with the club immediately. Depending on the experience level of the candidate, this may be a part-time position.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments and roles.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with sponsors, owners, players, coaches, front office and the NWSL.
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the team on and off the field.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an accounting position, or a minimum of 5 years of experience in bookkeeping
- Experience with accounting software program - QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills required. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills desirable.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare all entries in QuickBooks, documenting business transactions for all accounting functions including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Obtain and maintain all supporting documentation for all receipts and disbursements
- Prepare all invoices for sponsors and partners.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are collected and accounts payable paid on a timely basis.
- Process the semi-monthly payroll.
- Cash management – petty cash, game day cash needs and bank balances.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
- Analyze variances from the budgeted amounts.
- Prepare and file quarterly sales tax reports.
- Provide outside tax accountant with year-end financial statements on a cash basis, review the federal and various state returns and ensure that they are filed timely.
- Prepare and mail annual 1099s and 1096.
- Other duties as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.