REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
FLSA: Part-Time, Non-exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Orlando City SC and the Orlando Pride are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to fill the role of Staff Associate, Communications. The job falls within the Club’s Communications Department and will share responsibilities across front office communications for all three of the organization's teams – Orlando City (MLS), Orlando Pride (NWSL) and Orlando City B (MLS NEXT Pro) – as well as the youth pyramid and Exploria Stadium.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create written content, such as press releases, media advisories, game notes and articles for OrlandoCitySC.com and Orlando-Pride.com (opportunity for published byline)
- Assist Communications Department with match day media relations responsibilities, including press box management, media credentialing and preparing post-game recaps and quote sheets
- Support Club press officers with training coverage and requests
- Maintain Club’s current media distribution list, and assist in developing segmented lists, along with research of new potential media outlets and blogs to foster relationships
- Archive and track ongoing media coverage by putting together daily media clips packs
- Compile, organize and archive statistical data for all three teams
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Available to commit to the entirety of the MLS, NWSL and MLS NEXT Pro seasons (Approx. Feb.-Nov.)
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Prior internship/professional experience in sports communications or related field
- Knowledge of soccer (including MLS and NWSL) is critical
- Self-starter willing to own responsibilities and uphold a standard of excellence
- Ability to actively and efficiently work in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of AP is a must.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal abilities
- Passion and ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, while representing the Orlando City and Orlando Pride brands
- Experience in juggling a number of work-intensive projects simultaneously, ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines and to think clearly under pressure
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere
Applicants can use this position toward undergraduate or graduate degree internship requirements, though not required
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.