The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is a Division-I professional women's soccer league featuring the most prolific domestic and international players from around the globe. The twelve-team league consists of the Angel City Football Club (LA), Chicago Red Stars, Houston Dash, Kansas City Football Club, North Carolina Courage, Orlando Pride, Portland Thorns FC, OL Reign (Tacoma), Racing Louisville, San Diego Football Club, NJ/NY Gotham FC, and Washington Spirit.
The NWSL office is growing to meet the demands of the changing global landscape of professional women's soccer. We are looking for individuals who desire to make an impact on the future of sport in the United States.
Reporting to the Social Media Manager, the Graphic Designer will apply art, design, and copy layout skills to create visually engaging concepts such as logos, promotional and branding materials, communication media, and other print and digital materials. Develops concepts for creating graphic content that align with NWSL's goals.
- Design top-notch graphic content for social media channels.
- Collaborates with client, editorial staff, manager, and/or other project participants to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message.
- Creates original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way.
- Selects fonts for written copy; produces sample layout for approval by client or other project participants.
- Prepares drafts of design work and provides samples to editorial or other appropriate staff or departments for review.
- Revises projects as necessary based on collaborative feedback process.
- Consults with Director of Communications, Social Media Manager, and/or other team members as needed on complex or specialized projects.
- Prepares print orders and assembly instructions on notification of final approval.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite or other similar design software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; major or significant coursework in Art, Graphic Design, or related disciplines highly preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of related work experience highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to create unique content.
- Exceptional creative skills
- Proficiency in graphics editing software on the Adobe Creative Cloud with a high proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe After Effects.
- A stellar portfolio of work that showcases diversity across print and digital design and accentuates design process.
Salary Range: $44,000 - $48,000
To Be Considered:
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Submit a link to relevant work product & professional website or PDF portfolio.
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is vital to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or citizenship.