The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is the top professional women's soccer league in the USA, with 12 teams and 300+ of the best soccer players globally. In just its 10th season, the league continues to grow exponentially: In 2022, the NWSL shattered all-time fan attendance records, more than two dozen markets expressed demand for expansion teams, valuations of teams multiplied by double digits, several new C-suite executives were hired, and the league continues to receive unprecedented interest from sponsors and media partners alike.
The NWSL Marketing organization activates the programs that power the NWSL brand to grow its fan base and amplify business impact. The Head of Social and Influencer Marketing, reporting to the CMO, will play a crucial role in the NWSL's success to scale and strengthen fan engagement and revenue by tapping into dynamic storytelling around the league, community, fans, players and culture.
The successful candidate for this highly collaborative role will drive and manage the NWSL social presence across all league organic social channels. With a sharp eye for creativity and a bias for action, this leader will consistently communicate NWSL brand values, drive cultural relevance and successfully cultivate community. This role will also create, build, and execute a comprehensive influencer marketing strategy working with NWSL players, creators and broader influencer community.
This entrepreneurial role is core to building the foundation of the new Marketing department. With fans of NWSL teams growing at an unprecedented rate the Head of Social and Influencer Marketing is a unique opportunity for a dynamic leader to bring their skills to the NWSL and help shape the future of the sports and purpose.
- Develop, lead and execute breakthrough innovative social programs across the NWSL that help drive fan engagement, brand and business growth.
- Build a detailed annual, monthly, weekly content calendar; inclusive of tentpole event moments, and league/team/player "always on" moments to amplify, and drive relevancy and momentum in the fast-paced sports, cultural and news environment.
- Own the creation and execution of the NWSL influencer marketing program including original content creation, influencer management, planning and execution.
- Help shape social metrics that matter, reporting of impact and growth KPI's as well as ad hoc analyses that map to reach, engagement, growth and sentiment goals. Liaison with NWSL Business Intelligence to create social metric reports.
- Create compelling organic storytelling for brand and sponsors alike, partnering with design team for static and video assets, that promote league, team and player content; using real time data to optimize Engage daily with the growing global community of NWSL fans building two-way conversation with the soccer community and media.
- Collaborate across Broadcast, Sponsorship and PR to ensure a consistent and relevant experience for across campaigns touchpoints.
- Stay relentlessly connected to key social media trends, competitive insights and emerging social media /marketing/e-commerce technologies; benchmark competitor and industry leaders, explore and evaluate new content trends, tools, services and vendors and bring new ideas to League programs.
- Liaise with NWSL member clubs to design and execute league wide social media campaigns, content capture and asset creation for brand and sponsored content.
- Hire freelance creators for specific league events and initiatives, including league live game content correspondent teams.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred, or further business/analytical education.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated hands on experience managing social media campaigns and teams across all platforms, specifically Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube; preferably with sports, entertainment or relevant culture/momentum brand.
- Experience with developing influencer marketing campaigns for, and working with, influencers, creators and celebrity talent alike across sports, fashion, music, fitness, parenting and/or lifestyle programs.
- A "full stack" social media leader - able to wear strategist, creator and community manager hats as needed with proactive problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude.
- Experience in developing and scaling strategic end-to-end social media campaigns, worked on integrated marketing programs, and effectively prioritized work across multiple projects.
- Tapped into trending content, people, and conversations for an "always on" approach for social conversations and content/storytelling opportunities.
- Fluent in the social metrics around sentiment and reach and have demonstrable experience measuring and optimizing social content and campaigns -you love testing /learning/iterating and telling data-driven stories.
- Extremely agile with social publishing and sentiment tools such as Meltwater, Blinkfire or Greenfly.
- Insatiable curiosity for social and have a "learn it all" approach. The ideal candidate has built and led ambitious teams with forward-thinking and boundary pushing points of view, inspiration, and drive. Most comfortable asking "why not?" vs just saying "no" - and seize opportunities to learn.
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.