Join the Team.
Kansas City Current is home to the best-in-class training facility and the first stadium built for a women’s sport team. Our organization is committed to seeing the fullest potential of our athletes and of our city.
To foster our vision, we prioritize hiring and retaining world-class talent.
We’re looking for talented individuals with diverse perspectives, skill sets, and backgrounds to provide our guests with an unforgettable experience. As leaders in women’s sports, we are excited to offer a variety of positions within our front office, stadium, and event settings. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development and invest in our employees through competitive pay, robust health care and wellness benefits, and employee resources and networking.
Who are we hiring?
The Manager, Retail Store Operations is responsible for daily year-round retail operations, profitability, management, and leadership of store, auxiliary stadium retail locations, and assigned retail team members at CPKC Stadium.
What will you do?
• Provide strong people leadership while implementing strategies to effectively manage team members and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of department’s people resources.
• Support, evaluate, and develop team members, encouraging personal and professional development.
• Lead with a positive attitude and demonstrates a commitment to all team members.
• Accountable for all organizational labor guidelines compliance and human resources policies and regulations.
• Recruit, assess and hire qualified candidates.
• Evaluate, develop, and promote team members.
• Participate in sales floor processes, ensure total guest satisfaction, and develop strong guest rapport.
• Execute company action plans to increase sales and profits while controlling shrink.
• Manage and oversee the day-to-day store business operations, merchandising, and people resources to generate retail sales.
• Provide budget input and adhere to budgets for areas of responsibility including, but not limited to, expense controls, staffing levels, and inventory levels.
• Oversees the generation of timely schedules for staff while working through any additional special event requirements. Responsible for monitoring day-to-day deployment of staff.
• Report feedback to Retail Operations Director, merchandising team, marketing, and other departments as needed.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of all retail products.
• Responsible for store inventory including processing store freight/transfers and implementing loss prevention protocols.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
• Maintain overall visual presentation of all assigned locations by merchandising new product, setting promotions/sales, and refreshing visual displays.
• Coordinate with merchandise team on additional retail/pop-up opportunities.
• Safely use provided tools such as step stools, ladders, merchandise grabbers and portable display racks to set up displays or arrange merchandise and/or to access out-of-reach items for guests.
• Operate a power cart to move freight.
• Will perform other duties as assigned.
What do you need to succeed?
• Knowledge of or ability to learn point-of-sale computer systems.
• Possesses strong visual merchandising ability.
• Proficiency with MS Office platform required.
• Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt manner. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert, and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
• Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests.
• Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful, and professional in all forms of communication.
• Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
• Handles sensitive and/or confidential information professionally, involving only those who need to be involved or informed.
• Independently takes actions that creates a positive outcome for the organization and/or an exceptional experience for guests.
• Initiates and maintains actions to attain goals, regularly monitoring progress.
• Knows when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult with the team or superiors, and how to involve them in the process.
• Navigates a variety of social, emotional, and interpersonal situations to leverage the capabilities,
• Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
• Thinks globally and analytically to reach appropriate solutions and creates positive results for the organization.
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or another related field preferred. Equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
• A minimum of 4 years’ merchandising experience in an apparel environment required.
• A minimum of 4 years in retail management experience including budget responsibility required.
Special requirements of the Job:
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, inclusive of event and non-event days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to move up-to 50 lbs. frequently.
• Frequent constant walking and standing on concrete or carpeted floor.
• Must be able to use communication tools such as two-way radios.
• Indoor and outdoor work environment, subject to fluctuation in temperatures, exposure to the sun and elements.
• Must be able to walk up and down steep stairs and maintain balance while moving merchandise and/or supplies.
• Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods.
Ability to monitor company communications and respond to time sensitive matters with senior executives.
Travel may be required: < 10 %.
We value diversity and seek world-class employees of all backgrounds.
The Kansas City Current values diversity and is looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law mandates, we comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.