The Manager of Corporate Communications will be responsible for leading all external communications related to off-the-pitch opportunities. This role will also serve as a content contributor for digital and social channels, supporting internal and external communications efforts for both the team. This individual will work closely with Marketing, Community Relations, as well as sales and sponsorships.
- Manage all aspects of corporate communications, including but not limited to:
- Pitches for the KC NWSL brand, and successes of the business/organization as we grow and evolve in the KC metropolitan area and region
- Off-the-pitch lifestyle stories about players, technical staff & executives
- Non-sports media (i.e. morning radio/tv shows)
- Area youth soccer clubs, camps, training events and storylines
- Lead collaborative efforts to elevate the profile of KC NWSL in Kansas City and surrounding markets
- Write and/or approve & distribute press releases related to brand, marketing, business and community relations efforts
- Cultivate relationships with the local media as well as community leaders
- Help coordinate player appearances
- Maximize all community relations activities, working with marketing, partnerships, ticket sales and the technical staff
- Assist in formulating efficient processes for communication to fans and partners in an effort to streamline messaging
- Assist in the development of digital/social media content as well as execution as needed
- Help build technical teams communication processes and procedures, and integrate into the overall organization’s strategic communications planning and execution
- Effectively manage corporate public relations budget
- Assist in developing a long-term strategy for community relations pillars
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have strong writing skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must possess high level of expertise in social media and digital platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Must be outgoing and able to build relationships with local and national media
- Must be highly organized, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge and experience in public relations, publicity and marketing with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Enterprising and self-starter
- Experience in managing projects and peers/colleagues
- Ability to work well with varying personalities in an environment with constant deadlines
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and/or holidays & overtime as required
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing
- Education: Four-year undergraduate college degree in marketing, communications, business or related field required
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in public relations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.