The Director of Social and Digital Content is responsible for defining, managing and executing the digital and social content strategy across all of KC NWSL’s channels, growing the local, regional and national presence of this visionary professional soccer team under the vision and mission of club ownership/leadership.
The ideal candidate should be well-versed in all digital and social media channels, have deep knowledge in sports/entertainment and able to conceptualize and develop impactful campaigns individually and by leading a team. In this role you will be responsible for executing social media and other digital content creation through strategic planning and real-time content development. This position requires versatility, creative thought-leadership and the ability to manage under the leadership of the front office team, always focused on the team’s goals and objectives. Strong organizational skills, leadership abilities, and creative vision are essential, as is the ability to meet multiple, competing deadlines.
- Social calendar: Build and maintain a daily, weekly and monthly social media calendar for both organic and branded content (soccer, player/team personalities, entertainment, community, merchandise, ticket sales and partner/sponsor content)
- Proactively engages and communicates with fans and teams across all platforms, by quickly recognizing and reacting to real-time trends and current events.
- Define and curate the club’s voice on social media channels in collaboration with strategic marketing and communications strategy and goals
- An experienced content creator, shooter and editor with the ability to execute content in real time across Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat and emerging platforms. Ability to identify target audiences by channel and develop content specific to those audiences.
- As THE subject matter expert on social media platforms, educates various internal departments on the constantly evolving landscape of social, trend and culture.
- Partner with Marketing Manager on organic and paid strategies that support brand, ticket sales, merchandise sales and partner/sponsor activations.
- Work collaboratively with creative team to develop integrated social creative, campaigns, and content for use across multiple channels.
- Support the partnership/sponsorship team with planning and coordination of partner activations, including digital and social contractual requirements and other branded content.
- Attends training, matches and other team events.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Sport Administration, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in sports marketing or a related field with a proven successful track record in achieving marketing plan goals and generating revenue.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) with basic graphic design capabilities and understanding.
- Demonstrated experience with forms of new media including, but not limited to website, social media, video, mobile and/or e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Previous experience in managing partner relationships and contractual agreements.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and able to demonstrate initiative and be a leader on the team.
- Aware of current trends and developments in all forms of new media and digital analysis with a primary focus on social.
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects.
- Ability to strategize and anticipate challenges and identify opportunities to protect, curate and evolve the brand.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and in an effective manner while managing multiple people, issues and projects.
- Exhibit strong work ethic with a desire to work specifically in professional sports.
- Ability to work an extensive night and weekend work schedule when required.
- Knowledge of and interest in soccer.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays, non-traditional hours
- This job requires office, field work and the ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.