The Chicago Red Stars Community Programming and Initiatives Intern will provide direct support to the Community & Events Coordinator. They will be primarily responsible for managing Chicago Red Stars community programs, representing the Chicago Red Stars at the community, marketing, and sponsorship events, and seeking opportunities that amplify the awareness of the Chicago Red Stars.
- Manage Chicago Red Stars community programs including but not limited to the Reading Program, Kids Club, and the Red Stars mascot, Supernova
- Conduct outreach to local libraries, venues, events, etc. in search of opportunities that will grow each community program and provide lead generation and brand awareness
- Seek opportunities to engage libraries in our reading program
- Seek opportunities for mascot appearances
- Seek events for Chicago Red Stars staff to attend
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling mascot appearances while actively seeking new opportunities to advance the awareness and identity of Supernova in the Chicagoland area
- Attend community events, soccer tournaments, festivals, fairs, and other events as a representative of the Chicago Red Stars
- Distribute marketing materials and promotional items at various events and discuss ticket sales and fan experience opportunities
- Participate and assist Red Stars staff/volunteers at home games by assisting with setting up / tear down, promotions, entertainment, and customer service as needed
- Opportunity for paid mascot performing if interested
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must complete and pass a background screening
- Must provide proof of enrollment in a College/University Internship course to receive class credit
- Must possess a strong work ethic and willingness to work as part of a team
- Must have an outgoing, enthusiastic personality, a willingness to engage people in conversation and have the ability to interact with adults and children in a positive and respectful manner
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must be punctual
- Must have flexible hours; including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Access to your own transportation is desirable
The role reports to the Community & Events Coordinator who is based out of the Red Stars office located in Lincoln Park. Red Stars games are hosted at Seat Geek Stadium in Bridgeview, Illinois.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.