Account Executive, Ticket Sales
The Chicago Red Stars are seeking an experienced candidate for an Account Executive position with a strong passion for sales and women’s sports. This position generates ticket revenue through strategic prospecting, face-to-face meetings, cold-calling, and relationship building. The candidate should understand sales processes, be relationship-driven, and have a background in sales and/or selling tickets in the sports industry.
Payment Structure: Base Salary + Commission
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate ticket revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face-to-face appointments, prospecting, and networking.
- Sales inventory includes but is not limited to season tickets, mini-plans, premium area tickets, and group packages.
- Develop new ticketing ideas and programs to drive revenue.
- Proactively prospect and research new sales leads to build your book of business.
- Take ownership/accountability for building your sales pipeline and establishing a strong book of business.
- Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals established by our Sales Management Team
- Record all activity and sales pipeline details in the CRM system.
- Meet a daily minimum of touch point quotas as assigned.
- Deliver superior customer service to clients, existing ticket holders, prospects, groups, and single-game customers.
- Work all home games to service and engage with your clients, establish new relationships, and manage your game-day duties as assigned.
- Attend team and community events to make new connections, foster relationships, and maximize sales opportunities.
- Additional tasks as requested by Red Stars management and directors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least one to three (1-3) years of sales experience, preferably in the sports or entertainment industries.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic learner, receptive to feedback, and eager to succeed.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, both oral and written.
- Superior customer service mindset possessing the character and experience to support our goal to “Be friendly and Be helpful.”
- Embraces collaborating with others in a close work environment.
- Cold-calling skills are preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- A high level of professionalism, confidence, enthusiasm, and personal accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Web Suite.
- Availability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Knowledge and passion for soccer are preferred, but not required.
- The candidate must reside in or near the Chicago area. Currently a hybrid role.
All employees must complete an online background check.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.