Communications & Broadcasting Coordinator - Nashville Soccer Club (Nashville · TN)
Nashville Soccer Club Jobs
Jobs in Nashville · TN
Communications/Community Relations: Broadcasting
The Communications & Broadcasting Coordinator will serve an integral role in positioning the club’s brand and shaping its perception globally by maximizing the Major League Soccer and Apple partnership. The Communications & Broadcasting Coordinator will assist the Vice President of Communications in creating a media and broadcast experience that will drive local, national, and global support for the Club. This position has two major responsibilities:
- First, the Communications & Broadcasting Coordinator will service our broadcast partners as well as MLS crews in the creation of compelling and engaging shows.
- Second, the Communications & Broadcasting Coordinator will service media and run point on media operations on matchday.
The Communications & Broadcasting Coordinator will report to the VP of Communications.
- Support in the development of storylines, key messages and talking points
- Serve as liaison between the club, MLS x Apple crews and local broadcast partners as well as between local, national and in-house media and Nashville SC players and coaches
- Assist with all game day responsibilities, both at home and away matches
- Collaborate with:
- League/clubs broadcast partners on production and transmission
- Production crew and other department leads on elevating club initiatives, new marketing promotions, and overall club feedback
- Communications and other clubs to organize broadcast elements, rundowns, lineups, etc.
- Quality control check all broadcasts, write weekly reports tracking errors, talent information, ratings/viewership and other pertaining updates
- Identify unique and interesting story angles, and actively pursue media opportunities to expand the profile of the Club and its members
- Coordinate and execute local and national interview requests and provide media training to players and staff prior to every interview
- Collaborate internally in all game day responsibilities, both at home and away matches
- Coordinate match-day media operations
- Produce weekly content to be used by broadcast partners, national and local media including but not limited to:
- Match notes
- Pre and Post-match press releases
- Training schedule
- Support the Vice President of Communications and other team members in:
- All aspects of the Club’s Communications department as needed
- The creation and execution of media training sessions
- Crisis communications planning and execution
- The development of releases and statements in the best interest of the organization
- The setup and execution of media days
- Press conferences, team events and player appearances
REQUIRED COMPETENCY AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year supporting Communications Departments in any capacity (fulltime, internship, etc.)
- Passion: Finding unique storylines that connect the Club with audiences through our broadcast and media channels
- Initiative: Ability to work independently and demonstrate a forward-thinking and creative way of working
- Organization: Establishing priorities, defining action and setting up a workflow to achieve goals while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced multi-task setting environment
- Interpersonal Relationships: Developing constructive and collaborative relationships with partners, talent and other departments
- Digitally savviness: Experience with Adobe Premiere (or other NLE), Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus
- Analysis and reporting: Ability to monitor media, and proof analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to evaluate data and information to influence media plans and solutions while showcasing results
- Industry knowledge: Soccer and MLS knowledge a must
- Languages: Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Availability: Ability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.