Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Youth Soccer Intern with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
- Support the Youth Development Team by gathering research for potential member organizations in the Sporting Club Network.
- Assist with partner activation and fulfillment on game days and at various events.
- Assist with social media/marketing of Youth Soccer camps and events
- Hold coaching and/or administrative roles at Sporting Kansas City’s youth-driven events, including, but not limited to, camps and clinics.
- Assist with the Youth Soccer communications, online presence and digital media, such as social media, event recaps and blog writing.
- Assist in the fulfillment of the Sporting Club Network and Academy Affiliate partnership programs.
- Support the Youth Development Team with the preparation, production and data collection of mid-season and end of season recap reports.
- Help organize, promote and facilitate soccer clinics, camps, coaching education and other community-driven events.
- Support any projects, initiatives and other administrative duties related to Sporting Kansas City’s Youth Soccer Department.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and the Sporting Club organization on game day and at other various out-of-office promotional events.
- Perform various game day duties with the Youth Soccer staff.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Strong passion for the game of soccer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Business, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the operations of effective youth development organizations.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Interest and experience in competitive sports and soccer preferred, including coaching and/or playing experience.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit for long periods of time with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently with the Sales Team and potential clients.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
This is an unpaid, educational internship experience. Candidates must receive college/university credit for the duration of their internship to apply. Are you able to meet this criteria?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Why do you want to intern with Sporting Kansas City?