Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Web Developer with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Design web content in Drupal and WordPress content management systems.
- Fluency in web analytics that drives site changes and new site development.
- Implementation and execution of club’s SEO strategies.
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation of page layout, style, and features.
- Provide recommendations on best UI/UX practices.
- Liaise with Major League Soccer’s digital services team to ensure compliance with league-mandated web functions.
- Liaise with the Social Media Manager and the Communications department to develop web executions that are reflective of the broader communications strategies as they relate to Sporting Kansas City’s soccer team and business goals.
- Ensure plugins are updated and maintain web project calendar.
- Code HTML emails for distribution in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Represent Sporting KC in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Code all matchday-related email campaigns and websites.
- Attend all Sporting KC home games.
- Generate web and app recommendations for business intelligence team.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills.
- Interested in soccer, and specifically, growing Sporting Kansas City’s brand in the region.
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize web projects based on ROI to the club.
- Professional demeanor and polish.
- Lifelong learner and researcher of best web practices.
- Two (2) - three (3) years’ experience of web development in a professional setting.
- Working knowledge of design principles.
- Experience in marketing automation platforms like the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, specifically Wordpress and Drupal.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on Sporting KC match days.
- Required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, and/or drag XY weight if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportation?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.