Ticket Sales Associate - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
The Sporting Kansas City Sales Associate is responsible for following all sales protocols in pursuing prospects to meet and exceed group, partial packages, premium seats and season ticket sales goals for the 2022 Major League Soccer season. The Sales Associate will serve as a sales and marketing contact for all clients, maintaining continued communication.
The position is to be a key contributor to the Ticket Sales team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Our Passion for Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Use strategic telemarketing, email and face-to-face appointments to contact potential clients.
- Successfully complete an 8-10 month training program.
- Attend weekly meetings and role-play training sessions conducted by the Sales Leader.
- Build trust and a professional business relationship with all clients.
- Prospect new clients by networking throughout the community.
- Sell a full menu of ticket plans including, but not limited to, single games, premium inventory, season tickets, partial plans and group tickets to both business and individual consumers.
- Consistently touch base with clients to pass along relevant information in order to convert them into ticket buyers.
- Educate clients about potential ticket upgrades with the ultimate goal of increasing revenue.
- Develop and plan group events to create a unique experience for a group.
- Coordinate with clients to plan times to meet and greet during Sporting Kansas City games.
- Host clients on the field for post-game photo opportunities.
- Reach out to clients after game day to ensure they had the best possible fan experience.
- Show empathy to clients who may be upset, making sure to turn tragic moments into magic moments.
- Perform various game day duties.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate game day visits with clients.
- Call all clients before games to ensure they are prepared, answering any additional questions they may have and resolving any ticketing issues.
- Arrange stadium tours for new prospects.
- Work sales tables during the game.
- Walk around Children’s Mercy Park to greet guests and answer questions.
- Complete a post-game unique experience for clients
- Follow-up on experience with clients.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills and ability to effectively address and solve industry challenges.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Highly driven self-starter, with the ability to work independently and prioritize daily duties with minimal supervision.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive confidential situations and information.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work long hours including, holidays, evening, and weekends as the schedule demands.
- Must be able to work all home games and special events each season.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Confidence, tact and persuasive manner.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Approachable and diplomatic.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management or other related field required.
- Prior experience in a professional atmosphere preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques, or open to learning.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Spanish language fluency preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Required to sit for long periods of time with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to use and feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Required to speak and hear consistently with the Sales Team and clients in the English language.
- Ability to occasionally life, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Occasional short distance travel may be required to meet with potential clients.
- Must maintain emotional control under stress.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
Are you able to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to perform the responsibilities of the role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship or VISA?
If offered the position, what are your compensation requirements?