Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Stadium + Video Producer with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
The Stadium + Video Producer is responsible for leading the creation and presentation of videoboard elements at Children’s Mercy Park and creating high quality video content for use on various Sporting Kansas City and Sporting Club associated platforms. Contribute to the company purpose of ‘creating memories for our fans through personalized experiences with our club.’
- Strong familiarity and passion for the game of soccer.
- Serve as producer for live events – matchday + non-match (in-stadium videoboard shows).
- Produce in-stadium hype videos (production to editing).
- Manage a control room/ability to keep a show on time.
- Develop innovative ways to engage fans with videoboard content.
- Produce LED ribbon animations to supplement in-stadium hype videos.
- Manage tasks and update intro videos throughout the seasons.
- Assist in the creation of engaging halftime contests.
- Create, produce and edit videos, features and content for Sporting Kansas City and its affiliated divisions.
- Produce compelling content on tight turnarounds.
- Collaborate with associates within the marketing team to ensure all are working to elevate the Sporting brand.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its affiliated divisions in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Plan, lead and create elements for stadium videoboards.
- Collaborate with Manager, Match Presentation on overall match presentation plans.
- Fill in on select Sporting KC away TV productions as needed.
- Desire to create a high energy atmosphere for players and fans.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently, demonstrating exceptional time management.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working with professional athletes.
- Strong work ethic and solution-oriented thinking in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of energy and commitment.
- High level of creativity.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism, Photography, Film or a related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in producing live events.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in managing a control room and its related systems (Crossfire, Chyron, EVS and Vision Switcher).
- Minimum of three (3) years of shooting experience with professional cameras.
- Excellent visual storyteller.
- Strong background in video production, including writing, shooting and editing.
- Experience working with partnership/sponsorship clients on content creation.
- Demonstrated ability to produce broadcast-style sports and feature stories with a quick turnaround.
- On top of emerging trends and equipment advances.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Ability to provide a link to a reel or previous work required.
- Spanish fluency a plus, but not required.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?