Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sporting Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Sporting Kansas City Sales Associate is responsible for following all sales protocols in pursuing prospects to meet and exceed group, partial packages, premium seats and season ticket sales goals. The Sales Associate will serve as a sales and marketing contact for all clients, maintaining continued communication.
- Use strategic telemarketing, email and face-to-face appointments to contact potential clients.
- Successfully complete an 8-10 month training program.
- Attend weekly meetings and role-play training sessions conducted by the Sales Leader.
- Build trust and a professional business relationship with all clients.
- Prospect new clients by networking throughout the community.
- Sell a full menu of ticket plans including, but not limited to, single games, premium inventory, season tickets, partial plans and group tickets to both business and individual consumers.
- Consistently touch base with clients to pass along relevant information in order to convert them into ticket buyers.
- Educate clients about potential ticket upgrades with the ultimate goal of increasing revenue.
- Develop and plan group events to create a unique experience for a group.
- Coordinate with clients to plan times to meet and greet during Sporting Kansas City games.
- Host clients on the field for post-game photo opportunities.
- Reach out to clients after game day to ensure they had the best possible fan experience.
- Show empathy to clients who may be upset, making sure to turn tragic moments into magic moments.
- Perform various game day duties.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Confidence, tact and persuasive manner.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Approachable and diplomatic.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management or other related field required.
- Prior experience in a professional atmosphere preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques, or open to learning.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit for long periods of time with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently with the Sales Team and clients.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Occasional short distance travel may be required to meet with potential clients.
- Must maintain emotional control under stress.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate game day visits with clients.
- Call all clients before games to ensure they are prepared, answering any additional questions they may have and resolving any ticketing issues.
- Arrange stadium tours for new prospects.
- Set up sales tables and attend to them during the game.
- Walk around Children’s Mercy Park to greet guests and answer questions.
- Complete a post-game unique experience for clients, including photos on the field.
- Follow-up on experience with clients.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?