We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Manager, Stadium Operations is responsible for managing operations team, supervising Sporting Kansas City & Argyle Events related operations, providing a best-in-class experience for internal and external stakeholders & vendors in support of all events across Sporting associated facilities. This includes but not limited to Children’s Mercy Park, Three Points, Compass Minerals National Performance Center, and Rock Chalk Park (for SKCII matches).
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Operations Department is operating according to the mission, vision, and values of Sporting Kansas City both in tasks assigned to oversee as well as direct reports and their reports.
- Assist the Director with implementation of department strategy and tracking of status.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors:
- Engage with other SKC departments and provide proactive and positive support to various initiatives while ensuring all codes and standards are met.
- Ensure invoices/bills are input in a timely manner and coded properly.
- Proactively source relationships with vendors for products & services to help support the Operations Department and improve efficiency.
- Evaluate and provide support for requested set-ups, logistics, and operational needs:
- Review and/or generate event drawings/CAD(s).
- Oversee inventory management of house equipment & order any specialty items such as furniture, heavy equipment, tents, etc.
- Manage work assignments of direct reports (3) and provide routine development & training opportunities to staff.
- Responsible for cultivating a development-oriented culture. Including overseeing regular training and growth opportunities for direct reports, managing orientations, certificate collection, payroll approval, check-ins, and performance evaluations.
- Routinely inspect both facilities and equipment at Childrens Mercy Park & Three Points on event and non-event days to ensure pristine standards are met and ensure safety to guests and employees alike.
- Oversee all First Team matches at Childrens Mercy Park including developing and disseminating operations notes to all SKC Associates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Primary Event/Matchday Responsibilities
- Responsible for the collection of pertinent match details and consolidation to match operations notes sent to SKC Associates no less than Match Day -7.
- Meet with appropriate stakeholders in advance of events to ensure detailed and executable plans are developed with a focus on creating “Magic Moments” for both internal and external clients.
- Attend weekly Argyle Events meetings to determine details of upcoming private events and coordinate assignments, resolve outstanding issues, and oversee assigned tasks.
- Verify facility safety and readiness prior to event day while maintaining SKC’s best interests and enforcing all facility policies and standards.
- Enforce all facility policies & standards and government/legal regulations during the event such as ADA and Life Safety Code.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills including time management and leadership.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Self-motivated and goal driven with exceptional as the working standard.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work well with others.
- Ability to engage in creative problem solving and decision making that is generally governed by procedure and guided by policy.
- Required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Capable of working in outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat as well as rain/snow and cold weather conditions.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Will be working in a loud work environment.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and match days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Venue Management, Sports Management, Sports Leadership, Entrepreneurship, or other related field; or comparable work experience.
- Two (2) or more years of increasing events or operations responsibility in a stadium or public assembly facility required, including supervisory responsibility preferably.
- Knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, safety regulations & laws, event-related services and technical requirements for all types of events anticipated at the facilities.
- Possess or be willing to obtain any licenses, certification, or training required by local, state or national authorities. (NFPA, ICS/NIMs, First-Aid/AED, forklift/heavy equipment)