Manager, Facility Services - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
- Forecast long-term cleaning projects to be completed on an annual basis.
- Lead and oversee work completed by the entire Building Services Team by creating to-do lists and checklists for all of the Building Services Attendants.
- Assist in overseeing the Event Services work, as well as the Event Services Attendants.
- Manage the cleaning schedule to ensure that designated areas being used for events are thoroughly cleaned, trash is disposed of properly and is returned to a supreme level of cleanliness post-event.
- Conduct frequent walkthroughs of all buildings to point out items that need to be addressed.
- Determine if rooms are cleaned to the right level and are presentable.
- Ensure that Children’s Mercy Park is always presentable and safe for guests.
- Maintain constant communications with the Operations Team and other various Sporting Kansas City associates to ensure everyone is on the same page and moving towards the same goal, which is to put on the best possible event for guests.
- Schedule high window cleaning and appointments for companies to empty compactors and front loaders.
- Provide suggestions on equipment purchases that can help improve job efficiency.
- Maintain authority for the expenditure of funds, which are to be used for supplies needed.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and purpose.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Schedule the correct number of associates to work games, as well as associates to pressure wash the entire concourse area.
- Ensure all associates complete their pre-game tasks accordingly.
- Conduct a complete walk through of Children’s Mercy Park to determine what areas need to be addressed.
- Lead all Building Services Attendants, ensuring all are staying busy.
- Respond to all radio calls and make sure there is an adequate response and solution to any issues.
- Be proactive, not reactive.
- Oversee the post-game cleaning crews to make sure they complete a pre-determined checklist given to them at the beginning of the night.
- Check the post-game tasks for completion and sign off associates once completed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Problem solver.
- Thrive in a team environment.
- Practice regular and prompt attendance.
- Responsive and reliable.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or other related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Building Services or other similar professional environments.
- Previous experience in event management.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to one-hundred (100) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, as well as toxic and caustic chemicals used for cleaning purposes.
- Will be working near moving mechanical parts.
- Understand and practice safe techniques in order to reduce the risk of electrical shock.
- Associate will be required to travel to various Sporting Kansas City facilities.
- Role will be performed both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Work environment can potentially be wet and/or humid.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
What are your compensation requirements if offered the position?