Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Intern, Ticket Sales & Service - Spring 2020 with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
Sporting Kansas City’s Ticket Sales and Service Intern holds a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on educational training and gathering practical experience in their field of specialization for a professional sports organization. The Intern will gain valuable experience working with the Ticket Sales and Service Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths, and reach their fullest potential.
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. The intern must be receiving college credit for their time spent interning with Sporting Kansas City.
- Assist Sales Team and Client Services Team with prospect list compilation and database entry.
- Assist the Sales Team and Client Services Team with research and maintaining the database.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and the Sporting Club organization on game day and at other various out-of-office promotional events.
- Prospect new clients by networking through the community and using strategic telemarketing and communications.
- Perform various game day duties with the Sales Team and Client Services Team.
- Required to work a minimum of two (2) days in the office, in addition to all Sporting Kansas City home games.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality, eager to succeed and increase revenue.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Strong networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Business, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to work non traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
This is an educational internship opportunity. Are you able to recieve college/university credit for work performed in an internship capacity?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?