Grassroots Youth Soccer Coach, Ages 2-8 with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
The Sporting Kansas City Youth Soccer Coaches for Sporting Stripes 2-8y are responsible for expanding the early childhood soccer program by leading and assisting in sessions based on the Sporting Stripes 2-8y curriculum. This contracted position is to be a key contributor to the Youth Soccer team while ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting KC brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Lead in cooperation with the overall strategy and philosophy of play for children ages two to five years old, typically in groups of 10 children per class.
- Ensure proper instruction for children based on their specific program, such as Parent-Child Programs (ages 2-3), Beginner Programs (ages 3-4), and Pre-Recreational Programs (ages 4-5).
- Lead and assist with 50-minute training sessions that are both fun and engaging.
- Take a child-centered approach in coaching children how to enjoy the game of soccer at its earliest foundation.
- Emphasize and promote the importance of active and healthy lifestyles.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
- Nurture individual and team play based on the Sporting Stripes 2-8y curriculum and model of play.
- Oversee all equipment inventory, care and systematic return at the finish of classes.
- Maintain professional relationships with parents, instructors, players and sponsors.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Passionate about the game of soccer.
- Knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Creativity in regards to training sessions by keeping children and players engaged and eager to play.
- Practice and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion and commitment to child and athlete development.
- Proven effective leadership, communication and coaching skills, prior experience with early childhood coaching and/or teaching preferred.
- Possess the knowledge and experience gained from playing soccer or working in early childhood.
- Proven record in following curriculums and directives.
- Passion for the game of soccer and Sporting Kansas City team and organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand, walk and run.
- Use hands to use and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, diving, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag approximately fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Role will be performed both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions, including exposure to the sun and heat.
- Ability to work at one or more of the following locations: The Soccer Lot, Homefield- Olathe, Z Sports, Capital Federal Sports Complex of Liberty, Swope Soccer Village.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidats as necessary?
Are you authorized to legally work and be paid in the United States?
Do you live in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area?