Executive Sous Chef - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · KS)
The Executive Sous Chef is a key contributor to the Hospitality team, ensuring all work is consistent with the Sporting Kansas City brand purpose: “We create memories through personalized experiences with our Club.” Sporting Kansas City associates act as representatives the Club at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. All associates are expected to positively collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds. All talented individuals looking for a challenge are encouraged to apply.
- Collaborate with Executive Chef on Menu Planning.
- Supervise Sous Chefs and assist in managing all kitchen staff.
- Enforce all food safety policies and procedures.
- Check freshness of food and maintain supplies.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and purpose.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Safe knife and equipment handling.
- Maintain and manage cleanliness of equipment such as but not limited to; speed racks, prep tables, dish machine, dish sinks, shelving, and floor mats.
- Menu Knowledge.
- Understand and communicate dietary restrictions and food allergens.
- Create and follow par and prep sheets.
- Problem solve.
- Perform beginning and ending inventory as assigned.
- Implement safe chemical handling practices.
- Follow safe food and beverage handling practices.
- Keep areas clear of dishes, glassware, and debris.
- Maintain a clean and polished uniform.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Follow City Foods & Events and Sporting Kansas City policies and procedures.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Good character to work on a fast-paced team.
- Positive, honest, energetic work ethic.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a professional high volume kitchen operation
- Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited culinary agency preferred.
- Serve Safe Certifications preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be willing to work hours that vary, according to the event schedule.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction.
- Positive attitude.
- Team mindset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Required to sit, stand, and walk.
- Use hands operate and feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary to perform the functions of this position?
Are you legally authorized to work and be paid in the United States?
If offered the positipon, what are your compensation requirements?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?