Brand Ambassador - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City · MO)
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park and other Sporting entities as the Brand Ambassadors at events in the community year-round.
- Set up, take down and transport the various elements of Brand Ambassador activation elements.
- Engage fans by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
- Market Sporting Kansas City during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Responsible for the club’s data capture efforts including collection, distribution and database maintenance.
- Responsible for executing Fan Development initiatives throughout the Kansas City area at various Fan Development programming events and activations
- Assist the Fan Development Team with match day activities, as needed.
- Responsible for managing crowds, as necessary.
- Attend and participate in event planning meetings, as needed.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Knowledgeable and innovative.
- Team oriented.
- Strong passion for Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer and the Kansas City market.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning, or other related fields.
- Prior experience with event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Kansas City market.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bilingual speaking abilities preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must have personal computer and access to the Internet.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will work in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas CIty?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?
What are you compensation requirements if offered the position? This is an hourly, part-time role.
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary to work events and home matches?
Do you have access to reliable, personal transportation?
What are you most passionate about?